You can learn more about some of our staff, both academic and professional services and our vision here.
Bath Spa University is a place of wonderful contrasts, and life on campus demonstrates this only too well. From the unique blend of history and modernity in its buildings and facilities, to the mixture of tranquillity and vibrancy in the campus community - Bath Spa offers it all!
So if you want some peace and quiet to do some thinking or relaxing in the beautiful campus grounds, you'll always be able to find a quiet spot - perhaps walking around the lake at Newton Park or sitting under the trees at Sion Hill. But you'll be sure of a lively buzz in the Students 'Union or the refectory when you want to get back to socialising with friends.
And although the campuses aren't right in the city centre, they're within easy access of all the attractions of Bath. Newton Park is about four miles outside Bath, but with good bus links into the city, and Sion Hill is just on the edge of the city, within walking distance.
Rewards and Benefits
The University is committed to recruiting and retaining the highest quality staff. In addition to the opportunity to work in beautiful and historically significant surroundings we offer competitive rates of pay based on nationally agreed pay scales and a wide range of benefits including:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Excellent staff development opportunities
- Pension Scheme - Local Government Pension Scheme or Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Onsite nursery with staff discount**
- Employee assistance programme - LifeWorks
- Occupational Adoptive Leave, Maternity and Paternity schemes
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Contribution to eye tests and corrective lenses*
- Payroll giving
- Cultural activities throughout the year including exhibitions, music and drama events - concession price tickets at Bath Spa Live events and free entry to the Holburne museum exhibitions for BSU staff
- Priority Car Share bays
- Interest Free Sustainable Travel Loan
- Recognised trade unions are Unison and UCU
- Gym facilities**
- Family friendly policies and a number of flexible working options to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance