Please note: This content has been moved to the new Sulis intranet and is not being updated in this location. If you require changes to this content, please contact the Web and Digital team so we can make the changes in both locations. Contact x5333 or email email@example.com
We are friendly, welcoming people and this means our language is equally friendly and warm. This is not to be mistaken for either vagueness or verbiage.
We have conversations with people and engage in dialogue; we don’t resort to jargon or broadcast.
We are upbeat and use positive language and words that have action and energy.
We are professional, built on years of tradition combined with at the heart of business today.
We have an engaging way of talking which is both supportive and reflective of our brand positioning.
We are friendly, welcoming people:
- We’re positive: Our tone of voice is positive and inspiring. We use uplifting, stimulating and energetic words.
- We are warm: Our language is equally friendly and warm. This is not to be mistaken for either vagueness or verbiage.
We are people people:
- We’re conversational: This means we have conversations with people and engage in dialogue, and we love nothing more than a good debate. But we don’t resort to jargon or broadcast, and we don’t over-intellectualise or look for long words when short words will do.
- We’re personable: We’re personable and we connect. We empathise with the person we are talking to, and move easily between colloquial and professional language and words. But we don’t talk down to or patronise. We always talk on the level.
We are a happy, creative community:
- We’re upbeat: We are upbeat; we use warm language and energy words – but this doesn’t mean we need to shout.
- We’re provocative: Contrasts get the mind working. Our tone of voice should bring the essence of our contrasting Word Pairs to life in order to provoke abstract and innovative thinking.
We are proud of our long heritage:
- We’re confident: We’re the university of choice for the study of creativity, culture and enterprise, built on years of tradition combined with at the heart of business today. We make sure that, where necessary, our tone reflects our pride and confidence in this position. We talk through many people, sub-brands and initiatives, and we have created a vehicle for doing this whilst keeping everyone close to our brand. See our brand architecture for the structure of our conversations.