Student Information Desk (SID)

Find us at:

Student Information Desk,
Newton Park,
Newton St Loe,
Bath, BA2 9BN.

Opening Hours:

Term Time
Monday: 08:30 – 17:00
Tuesday: 08:30 - 17:00
Wednesday: 08:30 - 16:00
Thursday: 08:30 - 17:00
Friday: 08:30 - 16:30
Vacation Time
Monday - Friday 10:00 – 16:00

Contact us:

Telephone: 01225 876115



SiD Online

SiD Online is an enquiry management system where students can log their own enquiries, search a knowledge database of frequently asked questions and keep track of existing enquiries.

If you go in person to the Student Information Desk (located in Commons) or Student Support (located in Sofia), the staff will log your enquiry using SiD Online and you will be kept updated to your student email account until the enquiry is resolved. Alternatively you can log into SID Online and ask us a question.

Login to access SID online here

Student Information Desk - What can we help you with?

ID Cards

Replacement Student ID Cards can be requested from the Student Information Desk by the following students:

All Students that started before September 2014

All Students that started after September 2014 and based at Campuses other than Newton Park

Students that started after September 2014 and that are based at Newton Park should visit the Santander branch, located in the Morton Refectory. 

Student Status Certificates

Student Status Certificates are used as confirmation of your enrolment at Bath Spa University. Student Status Certificates contain the following information:

Name, student number, date of birth and study details (course Title, mode and year of attendance, start and expected end date).

Student Status Certificates are requested for a number of reasons including opening student bank accounts, council tax exemption and academic verification.

To request a Student Status Certificate, please log an enquiry at

Council Tax exemption

Households where everyone’s a full-time student don’t have to pay Council Tax, but you may still get a bill. If so, you will need to apply for an exemption.

To count as a full-time student, your course must:

  • Last at least 1 year
  • involve at least 21 hours of study per week

You will get a council tax bill if there is someone in your household who is not a full-time student, but your household might still qualify for a discount. See the link below for full details:

Mitigating Circumstances

Mitigating circumstances is the method through which any student can formally tell the University that you are experiencing problems outside of your control that are affecting your studies.

Mitigating circumstances are unforeseen, unpreventable circumstances such as an illness affecting you, a serious illness affecting a close family member, unanticipated or unavoidable events or bereavement that significantly disrupts your academic performance.

Independent documentary evidence, such as medical certificates or supporting letters from your GP, must be provided in all cases to verify mitigating circumstances.

If an application for Mitigating Circumstances is approved, students are able to submit work at a later point as either, an uncapped second attempt or as a first submission. Mitigating Circumstances is not an extension of a deadline and cannot be used as this. Full details can be found in your course handbook.

There is an official form for submitting a mitigating circumstances claim and you can download it.

Taking a break (intercalating) or withdrawing from University

To find out more about taking a break from your studies or withdrawing from your course, please contact the Student Information Desk. We can help advise you on the processes for requesting to intercalate or withdraw as well as letting you know who else you might need to speak to, such as personal tutors, student support and student finance.

Changing your Course or Mode of Attendance

If you are looking to change course or change your mode of attendance (full-time or part-time), then you will need to complete a Transfer of Award form. This form must be completed with your Subject Leader (or new subject leader if moving to an entirely different course) and returned to the Student Information Desk to be processed.

Module Selections/Timetables

If you would like to make changes to your timetable or change the modules you are taking, then Student Information Desk may be able to help. We can advise you on your options and if changes are possible.

Confirming your attendance - Student Finance

If you have not received payment of your student loan, it may be that you enrolment is not complete and has therefore not been confirmed to Student Finance. If you think this is the case, or have been advised by Student Finance that your attendance or enrolment has not been confirmed, please contact the Student Information Desk so we can investigate and advise you if there is anything you need to do.